Monday, June 05, 2006

First Post

My intention with this blog is to talk primarily about music, but other media as well, as I am inspired to do so. "Skronk" is a term coined by Robert Christgau (or at least Lester Bangs attributed it to him in his "A Reasonable Guide to Horrible Noise") to describe the music made by musicians in the late '70s art-punk movement No Wave (i.e. DNA, Teenage Jesus and the Jerks, etc.), and like-minded noisy or 'difficult' pieces of music. While I had an affinity for this sort of thing as a teen, and it will always have a sentimental place for me, it is not the sort of music that I would want to focus on primarily, or even regularly. So forgive the mis-naming of this blog - it was the best music related pun I could think of at the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home